Friday, December 3, 2010

Whoops!!

Geez, has it really been since September that I last posted on here? Time does fly when you're having fun... well, it definitely hasn't been fun.
Where to start... there's so much to talk about. Shortly after writing my last post everything pretty much just went downhill from there. Emotional breakdowns happened nearly every day, and my body didn't seem to agree with the pregnancy. My grades started to take a hit and my family was being neglected. It was taking me so much more time to study for something that would regularly just take me a few minutes. I knew something was wrong, so I seeked for help. I also went on LOA from work to tame my psychological stress and to help out my family. I literally suffered from what's called "burn out". I got depressed and school wasn't- and still isn't- interesting anymore. Things I enjoyed once aren't my thing anymore. Everything... changed. And why? Because I piled on all these things to do and didn't pay attention to myself. I forgot about myself.
Then to top it all off with the great deal of stress I was under, my body decided to break down on me and I went into preterm labor at 30 weeks. That meant having to drop a class to salvage my grades, and having to resign from one of my leadership/volunteer positions... and, most importantly: BEDREST.
Bedrest is like the ultimate punishment for me. Please use Chinese water torture on me or any other form of torture, BUT bedrest. I hate not working, and barely going to school. I hate not being able to run errands or clean my house. It sucks. I hate just... sitting here. It's awful! But what do you do, right? I gotta keep baking this little one in there for a bit longer, but I don't think I'll make it to my due date. I'm too much of a non-compliant patient to stay pregnant until the end, i.e. cleaning my house when not supposed to, or shopping when I know it will make me contract.
So now I only have 2 classes: anthropology and O Chem I. Anthro is okay, I keep doing worse and worse for some reason in that class, but who gives a crap now- oh, that's another thing that's changed: before I'd freak if I was getting a B; now I don't give a crap. I'm just trying to survive this semester without failing a class. O Chem seems to be stable for me, averaging C+ to B. I'm not sure what my final grade will be for lecture, but I think I've gotten an A in chem lab, and that makes me happy. I only have to go back to school on the 17th for a final in Chem lecture and then I'll be done with the semester.
I have done nothing to prepare for this little one. It helps to have money, I suppose. And that's something we don't have right now. Definitely next weekend we'll be setting everything up. I have a feeling this kiddo might come the day after my last final. Not sure why, I just do.
I think that's all for now. I'm tired and need to sleep. I'll write when I have more time.

No comments: